The National Association of Tobacco Outlets (NATO) is an association organized to enhance the common business interests of all retailers that sell tobacco products, to support the legislative and regulatory interests of association members, and to encourage the expansion of the retail tobacco segment of the tobacco industry in a responsible and law abiding manner. To accomplish these objectives, NATO will:
- Seek the improvement of business conditions for retailers located throughout the United States of America that sell tobacco products.
- Take a pro-active position that informs and educates elected officials on the local, state and/or national levels about the impact that proposed legislation and regulations would have on tobacco retailers and the individual rights and the freedom of choice of the adult customers served by tobacco retailers.
- Provide information to association members about local, state and federal laws and regulations regarding the sale, advertising, promotion, regulation and taxation of tobacco products and how to comply with such regulations and laws.
- Assist association members in responding to proposed local, state and federal legislation and regulations that may impact the sale, advertising, promotion, regulation and taxation of tobacco products.
- Protect the rights of tobacco retailers to advertise, promote and sell legal tobacco products.
- Conduct an annual meeting to educate members in attendance about new laws and regulations affecting the tobacco industry.